How surprise was I when I received a comment from Amy over at https://shirleysheaven.wordpress.com/ letting me know she had nominated me for a LIEBSTER (‘i’ before ‘e’) AWARD? Very surprised. Unbelievably surprised. Tickled just as pink as the award! 🙂
This award is a great idea to get newer bloggers with less than 200 (some info says less than 1000) followers some exposure to the blogging community. Just like Amy, a lot of my blogging has a focus on mental health awareness and hopefully offers encouragement by sharing my story and removing the stigma attached to mental illness. Blogging also helps me to wade through the sludge-like waters that sometimes flood my brain and threaten my well being.
Along with this nomination, I am to post the following rules, and then answer the questions created for me by https://shirleysheaven.wordpress.com. So here goes…
- Mention the person who nominated you in your blog post, with a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions that were asked by the nominator
- It’s your turn to nominate 5 with less than 200 followers!
- Create your own 11 questions for them to answer, and let them know they’ve been nominated.
- What is one lesson you’ve learned in life that you want to pass on to others? I don’t know that I have completely LEARNED this already, but it is something I am conscious of everyday: Live in the ‘NOW’. Too vague? There is no point in looking back, wishing that things were different – because they’re not. There is no point in living too far ahead of yourself, waiting until you ‘arrive’, because no one knows what the future holds. Live NOW. Love NOW. Hope NOW. That is the only thing that we can grab onto.
- How has blogging affected your daily life? I find that blogging (as I said above) has helped me to work through my own feelings which are often ping-ponging in my head either too quickly for me to process, or so one-sided (often the negative) that I find it difficult to see anything else. Blogging, for me, brings clarity to my own thoughts and feelings.
- Where is your happy place? No doubt in my mind, my happy place is at home, with my hubby and kids, cuddling on the couch watching a movie.
- Where is your least favorite place? I would say this has changed over time, or changes depending on where I am with my mental health, but currently, my least favourite place is around lots of people who I am not connected to in a meaningful way, feeling forced to make ‘chit chat’, laugh at jokes, and ‘look pretty’.
- Do you express anger inwardly or outwardly? Oh dear – DEFINITELY inwardly. I really struggle with inner hatred.
- Do you prefer the mountains or ocean? That’s a great question considering I have been raised by BOTH…so I don’t know that I could choose. Is BOTH an answer? 🙂
- Do you learn by watching, listening, or doing? I think watching and doing. My greatest learning definitely comes from applying and ‘doing’ what I’ve learned in the present.
- What historical figure would you most want to talk to if you could go back in time? Definitely Jesus. I have SO many questions for him!
- Would you be better at doing a crossword puzzle or bowling? Hmmm…definitely bowling (though I’m terrible at that as well! 🙂 )
- What was the last movie you watched? Cinderella (with my 6 year old daughter cuddled on my lap for the whole thing – it was magical!)
- Showers or baths? I have showers for time’s sake, but enjoy baths immensely – but don’t often take them.
MY QUESTIONS FOR LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINEES:
1. What gets you up in the morning?
2. Where do you find your greatest comfort?
3. What would be an ideal vacation for you?
4. (Borrowed from Amy who asked me this question – but it is SUCH good one!) Do you express anger inwardly or outwardly?
5. Are you introverted or extroverted?
6. Are you, or someone you love currently struggling from a mental illness?
7. Sunsets or sunrises?
8. Similar (but different 🙂 ) are you a morning person or night person?
9. Why did you start blogging?
10. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
11. Do you MAKE things or BUY them?
(I know some of you have slightly more than 200 followers – but some of the rules state less than 1000…so…)